Friday, April 19, 2013

Different Areas of Action Research

There are several different areas of action research:


1. Staff development
2. Curriculum development
3. Individual teacher(s)
4. Individual student(s)
5. School culture/community
6. Leadership
7. Management
8. School performance
9. Social justice or equity issues

The action research project that I will pursue will be college readiness under the category of School
Performance. College readiness is preparing students well enough so they don't have to take
remedial classes in college. It is best if students may transition straight to college without having to
take extra classes. This was also an area of interest because I was a straight "A" student coming out
of high school, and I failed my first college exam. I realized then that I didn't know how to study. I
would like to be able to help students at every level feel that they may succeed in college. I'd also like 
to incorporate athletic performance and if it enhances college readiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment