Saturday, April 13, 2013

Action Inquiry

  Action inquiry or action research is an interactive way to create change. Since there are several issues in a school that arise on a day-to-day basis, there is a need for reflection and change. Principals may collaborate with faculty and staff in order to get ideas that may bring about change in a positive manner. This type of reflection is basically taking others' research and ideas. There is no reinventing the wheel, but making it better and using the information you need to fix "your" problem. Action research allows you to be a lifelong learner, always looking for a better way to do things and encourages you to share your findings with others. As principal, action research puts you in the position as “head learner” at your school (Dana, p. 4). The goal is to transform the profession (Dana, p. 2). Principals become stagnant if they do not continue to reflect on issues that their school undergoes. In my school, I feel that college readiness is a potential problem because it has been in recent years. Students' test scores and the 'college ready' data collected did not meet standards. This is a real issue because students are not being set up for success. I will also look in to students' success of their first year of college to see if the success may continue. I will reflect on others' findings in order to help  our students become more college ready.

I believe that this blog will enable me to communicate with others as well as get feedback. Other educators and administrators may follow my blog and comment on posts in order to give new ideas that I may be able to implement or use within my action research.

No comments:

Post a Comment